Is your child, in Kindergarten through 5th grade, struggling with mathematics? Or, is your child losing interest in mathematics? I can help!
- Masters degree in Teaching Elementary Mathematics, Grades K – 5
- 13 years of experience teaching/tutoring in Grades K – 5
- 19 years of experience teaching elementary mathematics to pre-service elementary teachers
- Researched common mathematical misconceptions and how best to remediate them
- Created many mathematics activities for elementary grades while directing a mathematics professional development project for in-service elementary teachers
Being quite familiar with the Common Core State Standards, I can help you and your child successfully maneuver through them by using one or all of the following techniques:
- Investigate, remediate, and reinforce your child’s conceptual understanding of his/her difficult topics of whole numbers, fractions, decimals, measurement, geometry, proportion, or percent using manipulatives, pictures, and stories
- Work on fluency (being able to recall facts in a reasonable amount of time) of addition, subtraction, multiplication and division facts by practicing using:
- Flashcards – online and hands-on
- Improve skill development of operations using a variety of algorithms (set procedures followed to perform a calculation)
- Explore mathematics using problem solving, logical reasoning, modeling, and appropriate tools
Want to talk? Ready to get started? Contact Connie at 269-345-2416 or firstname.lastname@example.org.